Continental started as a beautiful compground named Continental Camper Resorts, inc
After purchasing the property from Frederic Hester, George Wayson developed the beautiful Continental Camper Resort in a $6 Million project. Hester Trail is named for Frederic Hester. His driveway remains next to the Grove Trail Mailstop. The house was a meeting place for the Continent Resident Ladies Club. It is now long gone.
Click image to open brochure
Take notice of the following and more..
- Almost total large tree coverage
- SR-44 was so narrow
- The Clubhouse and pool were already in place
- The golf course was also
- the powerline rightaway was done.
- Dirt roads
- Trailers, not homes.
- Shuffleboard and Tennis were being played.
- There was miniature Golf!
- General Store and Gift Shop
What's a Golf Community without a (miniature) Golf Course?
The mini golf was up front near the current tennis court parking
Ref: From brouchure above
The below images of the mini golf are from Richard Burr's collection
Below are news articles related to this early effort.